Competitive Gaming Is The Future

As a very competitive gamer I often find myself shunning most games I gaze upon without giving them a try. I often spend a good half-an-hour standing in front of the Xbox 360 games in Game, occasionally picking up a game which looks interesting, but most of the time I just put in back as soon as I see the cover art. This is a major problem as I am limited with the games I play; this has however allowed me to get very good at the games I do own.

Whereas some gamers see the idea of gaming as 'fun,' I see it as a challenge, as an objective which must be completed. I play games to win, which is why I hate Nintendo games (except Digimon games on the DS as Digimon is the greatest thing to ever leave Japan).

Because sometimes you need originality!
I appear to be heading off at a tangent. Back to the topic at hand. Casual gaming is becoming a thing of the past.

Most popular games at this moment in time have some form of competitive league set up, whether it be the European Gaming League for Halo or that terrible MLG rip off for League of legends which Peter never shuts up about. There is a minor point to my argument in what I just said; even the terrible games such as League of Legends have somehow acquired a Competitive league for sad neck beards to play in to make money as they did nothing else with their lives up to this point.

The average League of Legends player
Many people no longer find casual gaming much fun, I'm not saying I don't enjoy owning the songs on Guitar Hero, but I'd much rather practise my techniques on Halo. I didn't win best in county at Halo by playing Mario, now did I.

Competitive gaming has become a big thing. Many people, including the neckbeards mentioned above live off of these competitions. A large amount of money is now being put into these competitions every year and many professional gamers rely upon this money.

Some professional gamers like the famous Halo Major League Gaming player Andy (Bravo) Dudynsky have been able to make a name for themselves and even become apart of the companies that produce these games, allowing for multiplayer to become even more competitive. Andy and some of the other professionals can easily make well over $30,000 a year just by playing games. competitive gaming is what 'real' sports should have been; a medium in which anyone can take part in and become good. Not everyone can afford a personnel trainer and become Andy Murry, but anyone can afford a PlayStation 3 and become good at Call of Duty.

Although I understand that not everyone is interested in the idea of competitive gaming it is quickly expanding. New, brilliant gamers are emerging every year, inventing new and intelligent ways to play these games. Inventing new combos and bringing hope to the rising gamers to keep striding for greatness. 

Just kidding. All of you suck at gaming and should leave competitive gaming to the professionals.

The definition of professional